March Town Hockey Club is covered by England Hockey's insurance, with Marsh Sport serving as the designated broker for England Hockey.
Who is covered?
- Sub Areas (Counties);
- England Hockey member clubs and their committee members;
- Club employees, helpers and volunteers;
- Club Members;
- Coaches and Umpires while representing their club;
- ‘Come and try’ participants.
What is covered?
- Club activities, including training for and the playing of hockey, hockey festivals, tournaments as well as social, fund- raising and administrative activities, subject to appropriate risk assessments;
- A club member who causes injury, damage or financial loss to a fellow member;
- A club who borrows, rents or leases a premises for sporting or social purposes and is held liable for damage to the facility.
What insurance do you get as part of your Membership?
As part of the England Hockey Membership + you automatically receive the benefit of the Combined Liability insurance and for players, members, helpers, volunteers, and employees. You also receive Personal Accident benefits. To understand what this covers, and to see the main terms and conditions that apply, please make sure you refer to the Evidence of Cover, policy summary and policy wordings which can be found in the downloads section below.
The annual policies run from 1st September 2022 – 31st August 2023 (both days inclusive)
The policies' limits are as follows:
- Public Liability – £10,000,000 any one claim or series of claims arising from one Occurrence including costs and expenses and limited in the aggregate in respect of the Products Extension.
- Professional Indemnity - £10,000,000 any one claim or series of claims arising from one Occurrence including costs and expenses and limited in the aggregate.
- Directors and Officers – £5,000,000 any one claim.
- Employers Liability – £10,000,000 any one claim or series of claims arising from one Occurrence including costs and expenses.
- Abuse cover - £2,500,000 each and every claim.
- Equipment cover - £2,000.
- Personal Accident - Benefits detailed below.
Further information can be found at: